“Shehri Samridhi Utsav 2020”
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) under Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs will be organising a consultative meeting at New Delhi on December 30, 2019 with all States and UTs to set out the framework for Shehri Samrddhi Utsav (SSU) 2020.
City Level Activities
- Safety Net Survey - The survey is being conducted to identify eligible SHG members not covered by government programs such as SBM(U), PMAY(U), Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Surakhsa Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Yojana and National Nutrition Mission.
- SHG members across cities will participate in a rally to spread awareness about DAY-NULM. Revolving Funds will be provided to all eligible SHGs.
- A drive to form new SHGs, especially for vulnerable sections such as informal sanitation workers, manual scavengers, and waste pickers, will be taken up.
- A new platform called Shehri Sahabhagita Manch has been proposed for regular meetings of ULB officials with SHG federations.
- Loan camps would be organised by banks close to the urban poor colonies to facilitate access to credit for micro-enterprises of the urban poor.
- Shelters for the urban homeless under DAY-NULM would be adopted by colleges located nearby.
- Job Melas will be organised by the State in all the cities having more than 5,00,000 population.
- Melas for exhibition and sale of SHG products would also be organised at the State Capitals and major cities.
- Identity Cards will be provided to all eligible street vendors.
- Street food festivals to celebrate the local street food culture and cuisine would be organised at the State Capitals to support the street food vendors.
- DAY-NULM Swachhata Excellence Awards will be conferred to recognise the ALFs, CLFs and ULBs working towards achieving sanitation outcomes in their communities.
- A National Workshop will be organised on sanitation-based livelihoods with active participation from the States, ULBs, and federations of SHGs from across the country.
- A National Conference on Street Vending will also be held to discuss issues and seek a way forward to support livelihoods of street vendors.
- National Exhibition cum sale of SHG products will be organised in New Delhi along with a National Street Food Festival.